Yay, it’s almost October, my favorite month of the year! Here in The Netherlands the weather finally got the memo that fall is coming, and I’m enjoying the colder weather, the shorter days and my winter wardrobe. On to the September round-up, so we can start October tomorrow! Enjoy!
This month on Bleaq
- Soft colored, pop-surrealistic paintings by Heather Watts
- Intriguing analog portraits by Joanna Pallaris
- Colorful, enchanting modern pin-ups painted by Anarkitty
- Natural, vulnerable portraits by Dara Scully
- Symbolic, creepy drawings by Jacek Chodzinski
- Spotlight #16: Mek Yambao on her technique and inspiration
- Mysterious floral portraits by Meghan Howland
- The colorful, spooky world of Tim Lee
- Dark and symbolic illustrations by design duo Førtifem
- Dreamy, melancholic paintings by Syd Bee
- Detailed, occult illustrations by Rotten Fantom
- Dark, ethereal photography by Michaela Knizova
- Mysterious, storytelling photography by Jason Blake
What I’ve been up to…
I haven’t got a lot of links to share with you this month: I didn’t spend a lot of time online in September! My boyfriend and I spend two weeks traveling through the South of England, and we had a blast. The weather was perfect, we visited the most wonderful places and met a lot of really kind people. To make up for the lack of links I’ll share some pictures of the wonderful British scenery below, I’ll promise to make it up to you next month!
- If you follow any fashion blogs you can’t have missed the new Gareth Pugh Spring 2015 Ready to Wear collection: all the dark fashion blogs have been sharing it because it is absolutely amazing. You can see some of my favorites below, you can see all the outfits on style.com.
– Images via style.com
- Gorgeous photos from a vanishing railway in Paris
- Love browsing these vintage mugshots found on the website of Sydney Living Museums
- Just one more month ‘till the release of the new Hunger Games film! Yay! I love Capital Couture, an online magazine on Panem fashion.
- Kevin Weir creates creepy animated gifs from vintage photos.
Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the ‘favorite tunes’ in last month’s round-up! I’m glad to make it a regular feature :) Due to my holidays I haven’t been discovering a lot of new music this month, so I decided to share some of my current favorites with you.
When I discovered True Widow last year I spend the whole Fall and Winter season listening to their latest release ‘Circumambulation’. It’s superb. Now that the season is changing again I feel myself coming back to this album again, it’s a great soundtrack for gloomy days. Recommended if you like slow, doomy music.
Ever since I accidentally stumbled upon She Past Away earlier this year I can’t stop listening to them. They’re the perfect new wave of new wave for me, love their sound. I don’t speak a single word of Turkish, but think it sounds amazing in their songs! Recommended if you like early The Cure.
‘Future Ghosts’ by Sidewalks and Skeletons is one of my favorite albums of this year, I’ve been playing it at least once a week. ‘Slow Motion’ is one of my favorite tracks from the album, love the Evanescence sample. Found this wonderful video on Youtube, think you will appreciate. Recommended if you like witchy electronic music.
That’s it for September, hope you enjoyed this slightly smaller round-up. If you have anything to share or think I missed something awesome due to my holidays feel free to let me know. Have a nice October!