Bye bye October, Hello November. Now where did October go? With the late-summer like weather here in the Netherlands I can’t believe we’re already nearing the end of the year, it’s time for some freezing weather to arrive. Just remind me of this next month when I’m complaining about my frozen feet all day ;) Anyway, I’ve collected some great links and music for you again, enjoy this month’s round-up. Oh and… Happy Halloween!
This month on Bleaq
- Organic, galactic illustrations by Karina Eibatova
- Spotlight #17: Daniele Valeriani on his dark digital work
- Dark black-and-white diptychs by Maciej Goraczko
- Classic portraits with a modern touch by Rachel Bess
- Mysterious, feminine digital portraits by Cezar Brandao
- Gloomy editorial photography by Ewa Kepys
- Warm, nature inspired illustrations by Jessica Roux
- Six alternative/goth fashion blogs to follow
- Surrealistic black and white photography by Milana Zadworny
- Intriguing portraits and photo manipulations by Anemites
- Mysterious collages and assemblages by Emir Šehanović
- Narrative portrait photography by Sean Mundy
- A grim view on mortality and eternal existence by Brandon Geurts
- Fantastic, spooky dolls by Klaudia Gaugier (Horkadolls)
Some of you might have noticed Bleaq changed a little this month! I found out there were some issues with the responsive menu of the previous lay-out, and wanted to fix that. Next to that I wanted to have a possibility to make the homepage appear more like a magazine than a blog, so you’d be able to see what Bleaq has to offer in one glimpse. So here it is: version 3.0! I really love how the site looks now, and how it works on all devices. Hope you like it too :) If you bump into any issues or bugs please let me know :)
Coming soon: newsletter!
I know there are many, many amazing blogs out there and it’s often hard to keep track. That’s why I’m working on a Bleaq newsletter, an easy way to stay up to date with the latest features. The newsletter will appear periodically (probably bi-weekly) and will keep you informed on the latest Bleaq news and other art updates. I plan to start the newsletter early 2015, but feel free to sign up today if you don’t want to miss anything!
- As an animal love this photo series nearly made me cry: powerful portraits of dogs minutes before being put down
- I wish I could visit New York for this amazing exhibit on mourning attire in The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Planning a holiday? Check the top 10 ghost towns and ruins you can visit!
- Speaking of ghost towns, why don’t you just buy one?
- Gorgeous photos of snakes by Guido Macaficos
- Creepy Halloween costumes photographed by Joey L.
I discovered Oscar and the Wolf from Belgium this month, and have been listening to their album ‘Entity’ quite a lot. Recommended if you enjoy catchy electronic music.
I’m a long time fan of British band Esben and the Witch, who released their latest album ‘A New Nature’ this month. I was a big fan of teaser single ‘Blood Teachings’ already, and the album proves to be very good again. Recommended if you like haunting post rock with wave elements.
When the days are getting shorter and darker I tend to darkwave more often, and since last year my perfect choice is Lycia. Their latest album, ‘Quiet Moments’ from last years is perfect from the first second ‘till the last song, and a perfect fit for the dark winter. The album is on Spotify if you like to check it out.
That’s all for today, thank you for reading! I hope you all have a lovely Halloween! Do you have Halloween plans for this weekend? Have fun, see you next Monday!
Header image via Unsplash, Photo by Mr. Marco.