Another month has gone by, time to share some of my June-favorites with you. Enjoy!
This month on Bleaq
- Dark and emotional portraits by Manuel Estheim
- Vintage inspired anatomical drawings with a twist by Andy van Dinh
- Blogger Spotlight #2: Samantha of Haute Macabre on her blog and favorite art
- Colorful warped portraits with a sullen touch by Alexandra Garant
- The creepy and cute ‘Pastel Goth’ work of lOll3
- Spotlight #12: Gretchen Heinel on her taboo-breaking photography
- Dark, surrealistic drawings and paintings by Santiago Caruso
- The expressive, extravagant photography of Helen Warner
- Spotlight #13: Azlan MAM.08 on his photography, techniques and inspiration
- Haunting portraits of ghosts painted by Nicole Coson
- Conceptual portrait series by photographer Bernd Preiml
- Art nouveau inspired, feminine illustrations by Eevien Tan
- Dreamy, romantic fashion editorial work by Emily Soto
- For his series Life Before Death photographer Walter Schels photographed terminally ill patients right before and right after their death. Seeing these two portraits in a diptych is both haunting and fascinating.
- Is it Halloween yet? Maybe this year we could dress-up inspired by these super creepy vintage Halloween outfits!
- And more vintage photos: these works by Paul Nougé are gorgeous (and again a bit creepy!).
- My favorite fashion blogger Stephanie (FAIIINT) launched her first clothing line! The store and items look amazing, make sure to check it out if you’re into dark fashion.
– Two items from FAIIINT’s Capsule Collection. Buy here.
- I’d love to go to Iceland one day – it seems like a beautiful country. Andy Lee’s infrared photos of Iceland’s scenery are another confirmation of the country’s beauty.
- Check out The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. It’s perfect. (Via Haute Macabre)
- And last but not least: Japanese illustrator Satsuma works with a Northern white-faces owl on his hand. Too cute! You can see the video below. (Via Colossal)
- Fox Rabbit Demons print by Iria Alcojor on Society6
- The Wolf King phone case by DB Art on Society6
- Skulls: An Exploration of Alan Dudley’s Curious Collection by Simon Winchester
- The Weather Diaries: The Nordic Fashion Biennale by Cooper & Gorfer
Two weeks ago I watched the movie Enemy by Denis Villeneuve and it haunted me for days. It’s a gorgeous film in the line of Take Shelter and Magnolia, so if you enjoyed those be sure to check out Enemy.
In two weeks Bleaq will celebrate its second birthday! I can’t believe it’s been two years already, time really does fly :) I got something special planned for you to celebrate Bleaq’s anniversary with me, you’ll find out what in two weeks. I’m also working on an amazing Instagram giveaway! If you’re not following Bleaq on Instagram yet you can do so here and make sure you won’t miss the giveaway.
Thanks for reading! What have you been up to this month? If there’s anything I missed or you’d like to share feel free to leave a comment. Hope you all have a beautiful July!