July has been a great month for Bleaq: the site turned two years old (hooray!) and I hosted a giveaway on Instagram! Once again I collected some links I thought you might enjoy this month, read on to see what I’ve got to share. Enjoy!
This month on Bleaq
- Dark, occult, classic inspired illustrations by Ze666ra
- Spotlight #14: Alejandra Sáenz on her art with a dark and occult twist
- Mysterious and symbolic illustrations by Caitlin McCarthy
- Photo report & interview: Khomatech about his visit to Pripyat (Chernobyl)
- Futuristic fashion by Thai designer Ten Out Of Ten
- Happy Birthday Bleaq! Reader survey + WIN The Book of Skulls!
- Stunning paintings with a dark theme by Leilani Bustamante
- The soft and melancholic works of Atsuko Goto
- Spotlight #15: Tea Cake on her illustrations and pyrography
- Introducing the wonderful BELOW shop + Print giveaway!
- Surreal black and white photography by Silvia Grav
- Dark, detailed black and white drawings by Anders Røkkum
- Bleak, grainy portraits by Arslan Ahmedov
- A gold plated view on human anatomy by Scott Holloway
- Strange and beautiful illustrations by Miranda Meeks
Bleaq Instagram Giveaway
There are still some days left to enter the Instagram competition I hosted with Allison from the amazing Below shop! You can win three gorgeous, high quality art prints. It’s too bad it’s against the rules for me to enter, I’d love to have these beauties on my wall… ;)
Bleaq’s second birthday!
Bleaq celebrated its second birthday on July 13th! I asked you to participate in a survey, something a lot of you did. Thank you all so much! I’ll pick a winner for the book soon, and will let you know more about the survey results in the upcoming weeks.
A small note I’d like to add for those who replied to the survey: the kind words you shared mean a lot to me! It’s so nice to read what you think of this website, you’re the best visitors! I wish I could send you all a book to thank you, but since that’s not possible you’ll have to do with a sincere thank you note. Thanks!
- Fun read for artists: what Zelda Devon learned in the seven years she’s been illustrating. See the Bleaq write-up on her work here.
- Ciara Phelan did a great write-up on the process of a steampunk inspired collage she recently made at Creative Bloq.
- Another great making-of post: Kaspian Shore on the process of his latest work ‘Nest’. You can find an earlier feature on Kaspian’s work here, and an interview here.
- ‘This is not a Vermeer’ – a great article by Rex Sorgatz on artistic authenticity. Read part I here and part II here.
- Haunting photos of the scars Second World War bombs brought to the German landscape
Coming up: Summer break!
In August Bleaq will have a small summer hiatus! Nothing to worry about – there’ll still be updates – but just twice a week instead of three times. You can expect a new feature every Tuesday and Friday, in September we’ll be back to the regular Monday, Wednesday and Friday schedule.
Have a lovely summer and see you tomorrow with a new artist feature!